What Are RTA Cabinets?
Although RTA kitchen cabinets have been around for years, the growing interest in do-it-yourself home improvement along with a sluggish housing market has led to new RTA cabinetry that is manufactured to higher quality standards and with exceptional style. Including RTA cabinets in your kitchen remodel is one way to increase the resale value of your home without a major initial investment.
What Are RTA Kitchen Cabinets?
Ready to assemble (RTA) kitchen cabinets are just that: complete kitchen cabinets that are flat-packed and shipped, ready to be assembled on site. All components and hardware are included, and innovative technology has made it possible to assemble and install fully finished designer cabinets in a matter of hours using only a few simple tools.
Types of RTA Kitchen Cabinets
Most RTA kitchen cabinets available online utilize one of two assembly mechanisms for ease of construction.
- Cam-lock Assembly: Familiar to anyone who has assembled furniture from Ikea or other warehouse stores, cam-lock assemblies use a hooked fastener to engage the opposing surface when a screw or bolt is turned.
- Metal Plate Assembly: At the Kitchen Cabinet Kings, our RTA cabinets are assembled using a locking metal plate system, in which the plates are fixed over the matching L-bracket assembly and attached with screws that are fitted into the pre-drilled holes for superior support.
Before making a final decision, consider the advantages and disadvantages of RTA kitchen cabinets.
Pros of Ready to Assemble (RTA) Cabinets:
- Cost: Increase the purchasing power of your remodeling dollar by choosing to do the labor yourself.
- Availability: Forget about long lead times or frustrating construction delays. Most RTA cabinet styles are in stock and ready to ship as soon as you place your order.
- Variety: Unlike the drab designs of the past, RTA kitchen cabinets are now available in door styles, finishes and sizes to complement any décor or suit any sensibility.
- Simplicity: Detailed instructions and clever construction make it possible for even novice DIY enthusiasts to assemble and install high-quality kitchen cabinets.
- Quality: Solid wood doors, 100 percent plywood construction, dovetail drawers and metal locking plate assemblies guarantee that RTA cabinets are as sturdy, durable and longwearing as pre-assembled cabinets.
- Convenience: Thanks to the power of the Internet, it’s now possible to design your kitchen and order your RTA kitchen cabinets online.
Cons of Ready to Assemble (RTA) Cabinets:
- Labor Intensive: Although building and installing RTA cabinets is fairly simple for anyone with the ability to use basic tools, you will have to do the work yourself or hire someone to do it for you.
- Standard Sizes: RTA kitchen cabinets come in array of standard sizes designed to fit most kitchens. If your kitchen is an unusual shape or has unique features, RTA cabinets may not be the right choice for you.
RTA Cabinets from the Kitchen Cabinet Kings
When searching for cabinets to assemble online, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the many retailers available. When you choose to buy RTA kitchen cabinets from the Kitchen Cabinet Kings, you know you’ll be getting a quality product delivered to your door in a timely manner and backed by a 5-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship.
Big box home improvement emporiums usually offer a handful of RTA cabinet selections. Whether your home is traditional, transitional or contemporary, you’ll find a look you love at the Kitchen Cabinet Kings. All 20 door styles on our website are available for home assembly, and NKBA-certified designers are standing by to help you develop your plan or answer any questions you may have. In addition, our cabinets feature 100 percent plywood construction, reliable metal plate assembly and dovetail drawers with soft close.
Why settle for second best? Add value to your home and improve your quality of life with ready to assemble cabinets from the Kitchen Cabinet Kings.