It’s easy to become overwhelmed by all the different choices for bathroom cabinets on the market today. And, if you’re on a budget, how to install the cabinets on your own can be another source of stress. But, more and more families are choosing to take charge of their bathroom remodel. Start with your budget, and locate all your favorite options within that budget. Remember to check out Kitchen Cabinet Kings wide selection of 100% plywood and beautifully finished bathroom cabinets available online.
Once you’ve decided what works for both your budget and your space, use these nine tips to empower yourself to take on that bathroom remodel! Yes, you can.
1. Remove the existing cabinet and vanity carefully: To avoid damaging the plumbing (which can be reused) find out where the plumbing and electricity runs through the walls to avoid putting a screw through.
2. Remove all drawers and doors: When you’re screwing cabinets together or to the wall, you’ll want to remove all the drawers and doors first, so you’re working on light boxes, with nothing in the way. You’ll also prevent scratches.
3. Don’t sweat the small stuff: If you accidentally crack the frame or scratch the finish of a cabinet, don’t sweat it! You can easily call a furniture repair professional who can repair the damage, restoring it to it’s original condition inexpensively.
4. Level things out: One of the biggest challenges when installing cabinets are ensuring they are level side to side, and front to back. This problem is exacerbated when floors are often uneven, especially in older homes. Get something called a tapered shim that will help you keep your cabinets even.
5. Utilize squeeze clamps: These handy little tools (get the ones with rubber tips) will be very useful when you need to hold the cabinets in perfect alignment while screwing them together.
6. If all else fails… Remember that you can always call in a plumber to help you get through the unfamiliar pipes, but you can do the cabinet install afterwards yourself. This will save you at least two hours of billable time.
Do you think you have what it takes for a DIY bathroom cabinet install? Of course you do! Leave your tips for home installation below.